The College is a community in which a large number of people work together. Discipline is the first and foremost aspect of our institution. Discipline, it is claimed, is a key to success in a person’s personal and professional life. The main objective of the institution is the welfare of the students and of their future. The college has developed the tradition of a homely informal atmosphere of freedom with responsibility, treating one another with love and respect. We have proud alumni who have set very good tradition. There is nothing that can substitute for self-discipline and a serious devotion to duty, a spirit of respect is good and noble. The college expects students to keep their vision high and solicit the cooperation of the parents to minimize the necessity of enforcing rules and regulations.However, we lay down some norms of general conduct.It is therefore essential that all members have due regard for the rights of others. The Principal and the AdministrativeOfficer (Student Activities) look after the disciplinary matters and problems arising from a breach of the college rules. The college rules are intended to help preserve a happy and harmonious atmosphere for all those studying and working in the college. Hence, the institution established many rules and regulations which have to be followed by the students in the campus.
1. Students should be regular and punctual in attending the classes and all activities with the college. No student is allowed to enter the classroom or leave the classroom during class hours without the permission of the lecturer. Latecomers can enter the class only if permitted by the lecturer. They may be marked present by him/her at the end of the class only if there is sufficient reason for being late.
2. Every class in charge and mentor of the students keep a close watch and monitor the students’ attendance, progress and conduct.
3. To regulate discipline and uphold decorum, the students should compulsorily wear uniform prescribed by the institution; Students should possess their identity cards in the campus. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited.
4. Students coming by two wheelers are instructed to wear helmet. The vehicles must be parked in the allotted space only.
5. Students should not enter the office room, staff rooms and labs without permission.
6. Mid-Term examinations, assignments, project works and internships are part of curriculum and students should be sincere in taking the examinations, submitting the assignments and project reports on time.
7. Students are expected to take care of the college property and help in keeping the premises neat and clean. Disfiguring of walls, doors or breaking the furniture is a breach of discipline and will not be tolerated.
8. Loitering and wasting time on the college campus and canteen causes indiscipline and that must be avoided. During their free periods, students are advised to spend time in the library or in reading room. Verbal abuses will also be considered as violation of the discipline.
9. The college has a zero-tolerance to ragging and has a very strict anti-ragging policy. Whosoever, directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates ragging shall be punished if proven guilty.
10. The Principal shall have the power to take disciplinary action on any student of the college if the student is guilty of serious misconduct or student’s presence in the college is injurious to the order and discipline.
11. Without the permission of the Principal students shall not organize any activities or associate with any outside group concerned with the college.
12. Irregular attendance, indifference in regard to classwork and examination, discourtesy towards lecturers etc. are liable for disciplinary action.
13. Students shall strictly observe the disciplinary rules framed by the institution. Violation of which will be dealt with by the Principal in the manner he considers fit, and his decision will be final.
14. Students are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that befits the image and standing of the institution.